Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Photo # 9: Night Photos

Taking night photos was by far the most difficult assignment that I have had so far. I love night photos and I was excited to take them but as it turns out I didn't have an approrpriate camera for the photos I needed. I have a very simple camera and I cannot adjust the f-stop or the shutter speed. I did fiddle with ISO a little bit but that did very little, the pictures still came out very blurry and grainy. I did my best to get creative so hopefully it will be of some interest to someone.

The St. Augustine Lighthouse sits in the dark as it guides boats safely into harbour. Some people wonder why the lighthouse seems so far from the coast. As it turns out the when the lighthouse was built, it was 500 yards northeast of its current location, however the shoreline has changed over time giving the impression that light house has moved. In this photo, lights from houses also accompany the lighthouse's light.

A different view of the St. Augustine lighthouse and the spotlights on the houses around it. The lights look like they are moving. The lighthouse is on the lefthand side of the photo and the homes are located together on the right.

This photo is of some of the lights the line the roof of the storage building at the Conch House Marina Resort. All the buidlings on the property have a similar lighting effect to give off a festive and island oasis vibe. The angle is viewed looking up at them.

This is a blurred photo of a boat in the By the Sea Marina at the Conch House Marina Resort on Anastasia Island in St. Augustine. A green spot light on the dock gives the boat and the water aound it a spooky ambiance. However, since the dock gates were locked so I was unable to get the name of the speed boat. I like the photo being blurred because it makes look a bit ominious and strikes a little mystery into what the photo may be.

2 comments:

  1. Ominous, indeed. Eerie. It was 500 yards northeast of its current location? But wasn't moved? ...

    ReplyDelete